To find the most trusted commercial roofing contractors, make sure you check for the following in the case of each roofer you find:
- Ask to see their state license, to make sure they are a legitimate and recognized roofing company.
- Ask for a copy of their insurance policy as well.
- Inquire about their labor costs and material prices in advance, and ask how much they charge upfront for the project – anything above 10% should be regarded as suspiciously high.
- Get some references, and make sure you follow up on them. A lot of homeowners fail to do that last part, since they think that the confidence in the eye of the roofing contractor is enough to prove that they can be trusted.
- Finally, make sure you also do an online background check to see what their online reputation says about them. Complaints and reviews will tell you what you need to know and show whether the company is trustworthy enough.